Brownwood News – Brownwood Police Department reports released Friday, January 25, 2019. All arrestees are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Blotter information compiled from local law enforcement reports and jail records. If charges are dismissed or the accused is found not guilty, people listed here can contact Brownwood News and provide us with documentation. Your name and mug shot then will be removed from this site in 3-5 business days.
Wednesday, January 23
- At approximately 3:00 p.m. Brownwood police officers were dispatched to the 1200 block of 15th Street for a call of an assault. Police made contact with the victim. Police arrested one suspect for assault family violence.
Thursday January 24
- At approximately 10:00 a.m. Brownwood Police Officers were dispatched to the 1100 block of Riverside Drive for a burglary of a motor vehicle call. Police made contact with the complainant and made a report for burglary of a motor vehicle.
- Brownwood PD conducted a traffic stop on the 1600 block of Magnolia which resulted in the arrest of a male for Possession of Marijuana in a drug free zone.
- Brownwood PD was dispatched to 1500 Terrace Dr. in regard to a burglary in progress that resulted in a male being arrested for possession of a controlled substance and tampering.
- Brownwood PD was dispatched to the 400 block of W. Commerce in regard to a theft of property that resulted in a report being taken .
- Officers were dispatched to the 2000 block of 7th street for a report of indecent exposure. When officers arrived we spoke with a man matching the description received from the caller. The male subject was arrested for indecent exposure and transported to the Brown County Jail and released to jail staff without incident.
- Officers were dispatched to the 1500 block of Terrace Drive for an agency assist. When speaking with the reporting party, it was made aware to responding officers of narcotics use inside the home. A citation was issued to the suspect for possession of drug paraphernalia and the suspect was transported to the Brownwood Regional Medical Center for evaluation. A report was generated for this call.