Brownwood News – Brownwood Police Department reports released Wednesday, January 23, 2019. All arrestees are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Blotter information compiled from local law enforcement reports and jail records. If charges are dismissed or the accused is found not guilty, people listed here can contact Brownwood News and provide us with documentation. Your name and mug shot then will be removed from this site in 3-5 business days.
Wednesday, January 16
- At approximately 11:32 a.m. an officer was dispatched to the 1300 block of 14th St. in reference to a civil standby. After they arrived on scene additional information was gathered on scene in reference to an assault. An investigation was conducted and a report has been generated.
Thursday, January 17
- A BPD Officer was dispatched to 2005 NUS 183 (One Source Health Center-Early) to speak with a victim who wanted to report a dog bite. After investigation the incident a report was generated.
- At approximately 10:24 p.m. an officer conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle in the 600 block of Hawkins. The driver was identified and arrested. A report was completed.
Friday, January 18
- Around 0:20 a.m. an officer was dispatched to 1050 W. Commerce Street, Brownwood Police Department, for a harassment call. Upon arriving they spoke with the complainant and a report was generated.
- Officers responded to the area of the 800 Block of Bailey St., Brownwood, Texas for an Assault call. Upon arrival, an investigation was initiated and an adult male was subsequently arrested for Assault, Family Violence, Impede Breathing/Circulation and Tampering with Physical Evidence.
- A Brownwood Sargent was dispatched to 2601 Crocket Dr (Brownwood Regional Medical Center Emergency Room) in reference to a dog bite. After an investigation was completed an information report was generated.
- At approximately 12:25 p.m. a Brownwood Police officer was dispatched to 1050 W Commerce St (Brownwood Police Department) in reference to a civil matter. A report was generated.
- At approximately4:00 p.m. Brownwood Police officers were dispatched to the 2600 block of vine street for a call of criminal mischief.Police made contact with complainant at and a report was made.
- Around 9:00 p.m. an officer attempted to serve a Directive to Apprehend. The suspect took off after knowing he was under arrest and is therefore also being charged with evading arrest/detention with a vehicle.
Saturday, January 19
- At approximately 10:59 p.m. an officer was dispatched to a south Brownwood residence in reference to a Burglary of a Habitation.
- A firearm was located in the 500 Blk. of Oak Trail, Brownwood, Texas. The firearm was placed into property and evidence for safekeeping.
- Brownwood PD was dispatched to the 800 block of 6th street in
- regard to a domestic disturbance which resulted in a male being arrested for Assault
- family violence and Assault on a Public Servant.
- At approximately 11:09 a.m. Brownwood Police officers were dispatched to the 100 block of Carnegie Street for a call of an assault. Police made contact with complainant and made a report for an assault.
- At 9:15 p.m. Brownwood PD Officers were dispatched to 4200 BLK Hwy 377 S in reference to an aggravated assault with a deadly weapon between three juvenile victims and five known suspects . There were no reported injuries in the incident. A report for aggravated assault and engaging in organized criminal activity was generated.
- At 7:50 p.m. an officer was dispatched to 500 BLK Mulberry St. in reference to
- an animal complaint. Dispatch stated the caller’s dog was attacked by his neighbors
- pit bull.
Sunday January 20
- Brownwood PD was dispatched to 1500 BLK Terrace Dr. in regard to a physical domestic disturbance.
- At approximately 1:00 p.m. Brownwood Police officers were dispatched to the 600 block of Ave C for a theft call. Police made contact with the complainant and a theft report was made.
- At 7:01 p.m. Brownwood PD Officers were dispatched to the 2800 Block of Southside Dr in reference to a juvenile who was out of control and was destroying various items throughout the resdience. The juvenile male was located, and taken Brownwood Regional Medical Center for medical treatment. A report was generated for Criminal Mischief, with the juvenile listed as the suspect.
- Officers were dispatched to the 400 block of West Commerce for a theft in progress. When officers arrived the store’s asset protection associate was accompanying the subject to the loss prevention office. The subject surrendered the stolen merchandise to the asset protection associate and was cited by officers for the theft.
Monday, January 21
- At approximately 7:48 p.m. Officers were dispatched to a south Brownwood address in reference to a Domestic Disturbance. Upon arrival, they met with the subjects outside the residence. During this investigation marijuana was located in plain view and it was determined an offense of Interference with Emergency Phone Call had been committed. An arrest and incident report were generated and completed.
- At approximately 9:30 p.m. Brownwood Police Officers were dispatched to a South Brownwood business in reference to an assault. A report has been completed.
- At approximately 10:19 p.m. a Brownwood Police Officer was dispatched to the 200 block of E Commerce St in reference to a criminal mischief report. A report has been generated.
Tuesday, January 22nd
- At approximately 4:30 p.m. Officers with the Brownwood Police Department were called to a Burglary, not in progress in the 300 block of Bluffview. A report was generated for this incident.
- At approximately 1744 hours, a BPD Officer was dispatched to a north Brownwood business regarding a Fraud. Upon arrival, an investigation and a report was completed.