Brownwood News – Brownwood Police Department reports released Wednesday, January 16, 2019. All arrestees are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Blotter information compiled from local law enforcement reports and jail records. If charges are dismissed or the accused is found not guilty, people listed here can contact Brownwood News and provide us with documentation. Your name and mug shot then will be removed from this site in 3-5 business days.
Monday, January 14
- A Brownwood Police Officer was dispatched to a theft of a motor vehicle. After talking to complainant, a report will be made
Tuesday, January 15
- A BPD Officer responded to 2600 BLK Southside Dr., Brownwood, Texas for a Criminal Mischief call. Upon arrival, an investigation was initiated and a Hit and Run Accident report was taken.
- While on patrol at approximately 3:00 p.m. officers arrived at the 500 block of E. Commerce to serve a warrant. The subject was located but fled while lawfully detained. Suspect was apprehended and also charged with Evading Arrest. A report was made .
- At approximately 4:00 p.m. Brownwood Police officers were dispatched to the 1200 block of Looney for a theft call. Police took a report of theft of property.
- Around 8:30 p.m. a police officer conducted a traffic stop in the 3600 block of Stephen F. Austin. Upon further investigation, the driver was arrested for driving while intoxicated & was transported to the Brown County Jail where he was processed and released to jail staff.