Brownwood News – Brownwood Police Department reports released Monday, January 14, 2019. All arrestees are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Blotter information compiled from local law enforcement reports and jail records. If charges are dismissed or the accused is found not guilty, people listed here can contact Brownwood News and provide us with documentation. Your name and mug shot then will be removed from this site in 3-5 business days.
Thursday, December 3
- At approximately 2:14 p.m. a BPF officer was advised by dispatch that a subject was wanting phone call in reference to a theft. They called and spoke with her about the incident. A report has been made.
Thursday, January 3
- Brownwood Police Department was dispatched to 4200 block of Hwy 377 S. in reference to a disturbance and suicide attempt. Officers arrived spoke with Suspect, victim and witness. A report was generated for Suicide Attempt and Assault Causes Bodily Injury Family Member, Class A Misdemeanor.
Tuesday, January 8
- At 2:41 p.m. an officer met with subject at the Law Enforcement Center in reference to fraud. A report was generated.
Thursday, January 10
- At approximately 1:05 p.m. Brownwood Police Officers were dispatched to a South Brownwood residence in reference to forgery. A report has been completed.
- At 6:00 p.m. Officers were dispatched to the 1000 Blk. of Vine St. in reference to a medical emergency. Thomas Brummett was arrested for public intoxication.
Friday, January 11
- At 1:20 a.m. an officer was dispatched to 600 W. Commerce, in reference to a possible intoxicated driver.
- At approximately 10:50 a.m. Brownwood Police Officers were dispatched to contact a resident by phone in reference to an assault. A report has been completed.
- Brownwood Police Department was dispatched to 600 block of Adams St. in reference to a possible stolen firearm. The firearm was collected and a report generated for recovery of a stolen firearm .
- At approximately 4:41 p.m. a Brownwood Police officer spoke with a female subject regarding the theft of a vehicle. An active report was generated.
- At approximately 4:00 p.m. officers were dispatched to the 1100 block of Schroeder Lane for a burglary that occurred between the hours of 0730 to 1600. The reporting party stated that two items were taken from the home and wished to pursue charges.
- At approximately 7:53 p.m. Officers were dispatched to the intersection of Avenue D and Vincent in reference to an assault that had occurred. After an investigation was conducted by Officers, a report was generated for Robbery, and two citations were issued to a juvenile for Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, and Minor in Possession of Tobacco.
- At approximately 10:15 p.m. a Brownwood Police Officer was dispatched to the 1200 block of Ave B in reference to a domestic disturbance report. A report has been generated.
- Brownwood Police Officers were dispatched to a north Brownwood business for a theft report .. Information was gathered and a report has been generated.
Saturday, January 12
- At approximately 1:29 a.m. a Brownwood Police Officer was dispatched to the 2800 block of Southside Dr in reference to a criminal trespass report. A report has been generated.
- The Brownwood Police Department was dispatched to 2700 block of Vine St. in reference to a criminal episode involving criminal mischief to multiple vehicles in the area. A Officer spoke with the complainants/victims and a report was generated for Criminal Mischief greater than/equal to $750 less than $2500, Class A Misdemeanor.
Sunday January 13
- At approximately 1:54 a.m. Officers responded to 1070 West Commerce in reference to a hit and run that had occurred. The owner of the vehicle stated her vehicle was struck by an unknown driver who drove away. A report was generated.
- At approximately 8:19 p.m. Officers were dispatched to a north Brownwood business regarding a theft in progress. Upon arrival an investigation and an arrest was completed.
- At approximately 1055 p.m. a Brownwood Police Officer was dispatched to the 1400 block of Ave I in reference to a domestic disturbance report. A report has been generated.